As you have likely heard, the credit reporting agency, Equifax, recently announced a data security incident that may have exposed some of your personal information. As your financial institution, we want to make sure that you are aware of the Equifax security incident so that you can take steps to protect yourself.
What you can do:
- Determine if your information has been compromised. Equifax has established a dedicated website, equifaxsecurity2017.com for consumers to determine if their information was potentially impacted by this incident. Consumers can also apply for 12 months of free credit monitoring.
- Contact Equifax with questions. Equifax has established a dedicated call center which is available every day from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. Eastern time. 866-447-7559
- Monitor your accounts. Monitor your Minnco accounts through our online/mobile banking. Monitor your credit activity with a free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.*
- Add a layer of protection with Minnco's IDSafeChoice. Minnco offers IDSafeChoice, an identity theft recovery service, for Minnco checking account holders.
If you should ever have any questions or feel you may have been a victim of a scam, please contact us immediately for assistance at 763-689-1071.
* one free credit report every 12 months